Current and Recent Courses Taught
Rhetoric, Writing, and Artificial Intelligence
History of Rhetoric I (Classical Greece and Imperial Rome)
Professional Writing for Visual Arts Majors
Advanced Grammar and Composition
The Rhetoric of Science
Sample Assignments and Student Work
- Students conduct market research in an industry of their choice and propose a new product/service to fill a market void.
- Working in groups of three, students research and propose a re-design of an existing product complete with mock ups and technical specs.
- Students choose a Word of the Year nominee from the American Dialect Society‘s archives and write a profile analyzing its linguistic composition and cultural significance.
- Students profile a writer (or content creator) of their choice and explore their creative identity through an analysis of their published work.
- Students select a statistic of their choice to profile, analyzing the narratives constructed from the stat and debates about its calculation and interpretation.